Thursday, March 26, 2015
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Saturday, March 7, 2015
Thursday, March 5, 2015
Friday, February 27, 2015
Thursday, February 26, 2015
Post: Capacity Development Specialist
UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa.
The Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development (UONGOZI Institute), operating under the auspices of the Office of the President of United Republic of Tanzania, was established by the Government of Tanzania in 2010. The Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organizes high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
The main responsibility of the CDS is to lead the development and implementation of the Institute’s leadership development programs in line with the Institute’s Strategy and Leadership Development Framework. Candidates should be highly qualified senior experts with experience in leadership development in Africa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capacity Development Specialist (CDS) will be responsible for leading the capacity development department in the Institute. She/he will be managing a team of trainers/training coordinators and consultants. The CDS reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Specifically, the CDS will:
- Further develop UIs leadership capacity building product portfolio to meet the expectations and needs of senior and emerging leaders in Africa.
- Ensure high quality of the leadership capacity building programmes,
- Develop a network of partners and collaborators for training delivery.
- Keep abreast with and apply in UI’s programmes the latest approaches, tools and methods to strengthening the core competencies of leaders.
- Benchmark the programmes offered by the Institute against those offered by similar institutions globally.
- Lead the team of trainers/training coordinators of UI as well as consultants and trainers hired to develop and deliver training.
- Take any other duties given by the CEO.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Tanzania Geothermal Development Company Limited (TGDC) is a subsidiary company of The Tanzania ElectricSupply Company (TANESCO) established in December 2013 and came into operation in July 2014 with a mandate to spearhead geothermal resources in Tanzania.
To be the most competitive regional geothermal resources development company serving today and future generations with reliable, affordable and environmental friendly energy
To offer reliable and efficient geothermal energy development services to support the nation’s development vision.
TGDC is mandated:
- To carry out geothermal exploration including geological, geochemistry, seismological, volcanological studies;
- To carry business in geothermal drilling for steam and hot water, well testing and logging, reservoir assessment and management;
- To mobilize funds for geothermal development from various sources;
- To promote geothermal business and developer of alternative uses of geothermal energy than electricity including watering cultures, therapeutic uses, geothermal bathing, drying of farm products and all industrial and non-industrial uses;
In order to reach its goals, the Company intends to invest in its business, systems and human capital. TGDC now invites applications from Tanzanians who are self-motivated, pro-active, honest, hardworking and committed to fill in the undermentioned position:
Office Management Secretary (1 Post) – Ref: TGDC/HR/020
Director Business Development