Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned positions for Investment Business Unit – Projects& Research at Head Office.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
- Demonstrate outstanding performance track record;
- Leadership and Professional team building, ability to motivate teams to produce quality deliverables within tight timeframes.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer with Engineers Registration Board (ERB - T). With a valid Practicing Licence.
- Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Be capable of delivering expected results and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Must be Highly Computer literate.
MANAGER POWER DEVELOPMENT - 1 POST
REPORTING TO: SENIOR MANAGER RESEARCH
REF. No. 01
Preparation and management of power projects development, mostly hydropower; conceptual designs, feasibility studies, detailed design and tender documents preparation; acting as client’s engineer and independent engineer for projects, and technical due diligence assessments for hydropower development to ensure competitive value management to achieve company objectives.
- Undertake development of power projects in line with the national priorities as set up in the power system master plan.
- Conduct feasibility studies which shall include hydrological, topographical, geotechnical, measurements, investigation and analysis, to determine various projects design parameters; including review of available data, information, reports and studies.
- Coordinate environmental and social studies, as well as economic and financial analyses including power market surveys as input into projects feasibility and design.
- Undertake development of projects into detailed design, specification and tender documents preparation, commensurate with international practice, in liaison with procurements and projects departments for taking on the tendering and project implementation follow up processes.
- Ensure comprehensive hydrological and geotechnical risk studies, investigations and management in the high investment capital hydropower project are properly explored, allocated and managed.
- Provide administrative support for projects development by collecting data, providing project documentation, training staff, and performing other general administrative duties.
- Develop proposed project feasibilities, design and tendering while insuring the highest standards are maintained and in accordance with set targets, and report on progress in attaining them.
- Assist in budget implementation, forecasts and administration.
- Coordinate and manage on-going programs and projects, assigning and evaluating work.
- Coordinate request Expression of Interest (EoI), Request for Proposal (RfP) for project consultants for the feasibility design and tendering process.
- Handling ad hoc information request from other department managers or directors, which entail finding data through on line searches or available secondary research sources.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Monday, April 13, 2015
Friday, April 10, 2015
Thursday, April 9, 2015
- Jordan University College is offering employment to qualified and competent personnel, who will enable her to create and expand opportunities for higher education in Tanzania and beyond by offering competitive, demand driven and community-relevant academic and professional degree and other awards. The vacancies together with their specific requirements are as follows:
1. Lecturers (16)
- Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Holder of a good PhD degree in a specialized functional area.
· Qualified to be employed as lecturer on their areas of one’s specializations.
· One must have published in qualified journals at least three publications.
· One must have the ability to co-operate as well as the ability and suitability otherwise needed to perform the duties well.
i. Will be required to teach in formal courses and conduct seminars.
ii. Supervise thesis on all levels.
iii. Undertake individual Research and to participate in bigger multidisciplinary research projects.
iv. Prepare manuals and case studies for training.
v. Provide close supervision and guidance to students.
vi. Work on consultancy project.
vii. Coach junior teaching staff.
c. Salary Scale:
Lecturer / Research Fellow Grade II